Liability & Construction
Covering manufacturers, distributers, wholsalers, researchers and developers of devices, medicines, supplements and cosmetics
New medical solutions are transforming healthcare and changing people’s lives, from hi-tech diagnostics to advanced biotech.
Our cover includes both general and product liability and is a Commercial Combined offering including Property and Casualty cover. Cover may also be extended to include product recall and clinical trial liability.
Any instrument, apparatus, appliance, material or other article, whether used alone or in combination, including the software necessary for its proper application, intended by the manufacturer to be used for medical purposes for human beings.
Any substance or combination of substances presented as having properties for treating or preventing disease in human beings
- concentrated sources of nutrients such as vitamins & minerals
- dose forms such as capsules & tablets
- designed to be taken in measured small unit quantities
Regulated as food
- Trade Descriptions Act
- Food Safety Act
- Food Labelling Regulations
A new product area for Life Science it includes anything that is in contact with the various external parts of the human body or with the teeth and the mucous membranes of the oral cavity with a view exclusively or mainly to cleaning them, perfuming them, changing their appearance and/or correcting body odours and/or protecting them or keeping them in good condition.
This product can be underwritten individually or packaged as part of a commercial combined policy including property, business interruption and employers’ liability.
Cover options include
Medical devices and technology
- Active and non-active implants, such as stents, pacemakers and neuro stimulators
- Diagnostic, monitoring, electro-medical and imaging equipment
- Surgical equipment
- Orthopedics equipment, such as knee prostheses
- Ophthalmic equipment
Medicinal and cosmetic products
- Scheduled and controlled medicines
- Special, unlicensed and investigational medicines
- Biological and biotechnology medicines
- Herbal and homeopathic medicines
- Dietary supplements
Who is it for?
- Manufacturers and distributors of medical technology and devices
- Pharmaceutical and biotech companies
- Makers of homeopathic and herbal medicines
- Veterinary medicine companies
- Makers of dental equipment and supplies
- Contractors, research companies, laboratories and service providers working in these sectors
The service sector
- contract management including clinical trials
- data and IT within the biotech sector
- dietary supplements
- cosmetic products
- exports to the US
Access our knowledgeable underwriters directly. Simply click the link to access the teams contact details.
Request a call back
Simply enter your details below and a member of the team will be in contact with you.
Please note, we are only permitted to deal with Insurance Brokers. If you are a customer, please contact your Insurance Broker for advice and information regarding your Insurance cover.