For our Allianz policyholders
Covid-19 financial support options and return to client site visits
Covid-19 has significantly impacted individuals and businesses. Despite the economy starting to reopen, we understand that some of your customers may be facing financial difficulty as a direct result of the pandemic. We’ve previously informed you that support for customers struggling with premium payments is available but we/Allianz want to reiterate our commitment to making every effort to help customers in financial difficulties through a variety of ways.
Support options and eligibility
Allianz have a number of financial support options available, some of which you may already be aware of and others that have been specifically considered as a result of the current environment. For example:
- Pre-existing options such as changing from annual payment to a Direct Debit or instalment plan at renewal, or changing the collection date of an instalment to later in the month. They can also look to waive administration fees where they apply
- We can review your customer’s risk profile where changes in risk or amendments may result in a return premium
- We also have the opportunity to defer payment on instalments by up to 3 months for unincorporated* customers as long as appropriate criteria are met. We’ll also consider requests for deferred payments from incorporated customers on a case by case basis.
We’ll need to work closely with you to identify the most appropriate support option for your individual customers. It’s important to note that some options are available to all commercial customers and others only to those who meet the eligibility criteria.
Customer site visits
Allianz’s loss control engineers, claims investigators and motor engineers are now starting to resume some site surveys where this can be done in a COVID-19 secure manner. As they do this, keeping your customers and their employees safe remains there highest priority. To help you and your customers understand their approach, their guidance outlines the additional measures they’re implementing. Please share this with your customers.
- COVID-19: Loss Control Engineer site visits – customer guidance
- COVID-19: Claims Investigator site visits – customer guidance
- COVID-19: Motor Engineer site visits – customer guidance
Please speak to your usual Touchstone Underwriting contact if your customer requires financial support due to Covid-19. You can also find further information on Allianz’s broker website, including the latest update on their approach to the FCA test case and new claims reported.
*unincorporated businesses are usually sole proprietor or partnership companies