Accident reporting guide for business

Workplace accidents and injuries should be recorded and then investigated to prevent further incidents. Some incidents must be automatically reported to the HSE and local authorities. 

The Social Security (Claims and Payments) Regulations 1979 requires all companies with 10 or more employees to keep a record of accidents. Other organisations may also need to collect and retain information about accidents, such as care providers under the Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009.

Here is a complete guide on what your clients need to know about accident reporting and RIDDOR Reporting, including:

  • The Accident Book
  • Accident Reporting and Analysis
  • Alternative Recording Approaches
  • Storage and Retention Procedures
  • Accident Investigation
  • Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR)
  • Types of Reportable Injury
  • Reportable Gas Incedents
  • Recording Requirements
  • How to Report
  • Reporting Checklist
  • Useful Links
Accident Reporting and RIDDOR Reporting Guide

View our product range

We can support our brokers with niche, hard to place risks as well as general insurance