Specialist products liability
Specialist cover for any business that designs, manufacturers or supplies products to the trade or public.
- the business’s name is on the product
- the business repairs, refurbishes or changes a product
- they imported the product from outside the European Union
- they cannot identify the product’s manufacturer, or the manufacturer has gone out of business
We will cover:
- products of a Safety Critical nature, including the Automotive sector with no cover limitations;
- losses arising from a failure of the product to perform its intended function (Efficacy);
- products knowingly exported to North America (up to 100% US turnover) or claims lodged by a third party in a North American court;
- products knowingly incorporated into the structure or controls of an Aircraft or Aerial device; or
- products knowingly incorporated into the structure or controls of a waterborne craft
Any business that designs, manufacturers or supplies products to the trade or public.
We provide specialist solutions for:
Precision engineers who have invested in the latest CNC and CAM/CAD technology
the engineering capability of these companies allows them to win contract engineering work from customers outside of their primary sector. For instance, existing suppliers to Motorsport are being actively supported by their trade association to win new customers in the wider Automotive market as well as Aviation, Defence, Life science, Oil & Gas North American and Marine sectors.
University “spin-off” companies
many university spin-offs are offering innovative and technical products to market, which require specialist insurance understanding and solutions.
Companies supplying engineering solutions to the Oil & Gas sector
such companies routinely encounter hold harmless, waiver of subrogation and additional insured requests, often requiring a quick turnaround as they compete to win new tenders.
Companies supplying to the Military or Defence sectors
a lack of “failure to perform” cover can leave companies supplying these sectors seriously exposed.