Products Liability insurance is essential for any business that designs, manufacturers or supplies products to the trade or public. It will cover any claims of personal injury or property damage caused by a 'faulty' product and is designed to help protect a business.
Our specialist Products Liability cover is tailored to each individual business and can cover products of a safety critical nature, losses arising from a failure of the product to perform, products exported to North America (up to 100% US turnover) and products incorporated into an aircraft, aerial device or a waterborne craft.
To discuss your clients' needs or to add Specialist Products Liability insurance to an existing policy, please contact:
07720 739 896
01923 298 432
Read additional information about Specialist Products Liability below:
View our presentation on:
Who is it for?
Any business that designs, manufactures or supplies a physical product.
A business can be held liable for faulty products even if they did not manufacture them. The business may be liable for compensation if:
- the business’s name is on the product
- the business repairs, refurbishes or changes a product
- they imported the product from outside the European Union
- they cannot identify the product’s manufacturer, or the manufacturer has gone out of business
We will cover elements that most insurers won’t
We will cover:
- products of a Safety Critical nature, including the Automotive sector with no cover limitations;
- losses arising from a failure of the product to perform its intended function (Efficacy);
- products knowingly exported to North America (up to 100% US turnover) or claims lodged by a third party in a North American court;
- products knowingly incorporated into the structure or controls of an Aircraft or Aerial device; or
- products knowingly incorporated into the structure or controls of a waterborne craft
We provide specialist solutions for:
Precision engineers who have invested in the latest CNC and CAM/CAD technology
the engineering capability of these companies allows them to win contract engineering work from customers outside of their primary sector. For instance, existing suppliers to Motorsport are being actively supported by their trade association to win new customers in the wider Automotive market as well as Aviation, Defence, Life science, Oil & Gas North American and Marine sectors.
University “spin-off” companies
many university spin-offs are offering innovative and technical products to market, which require specialist insurance understanding and solutions.
Companies supplying engineering solutions to the Oil & Gas sector
such companies routinely encounter hold harmless, waiver of subrogation and additional insured requests, often requiring a quick turnaround as they compete to win new tenders.
Companies supplying to the Military or Defence sectors
a lack of “failure to perform” cover can leave companies supplying these sectors seriously exposed.
Request access to our online Broker Portal, a web-based trading tool that provides immediate quotes and renewal offers with no hassle.